Benefits of Anise – Healing Herbs
• Anise is anti-spasmodic in nature and is very effective in several situations or ailments caused by spasms, such as cramps, coughs, aches, diarrhea, nervous afflictions and convulsions.
• Potassium present in anise is an important constituent of cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure.
• It helps in the production of red blood cells.
• Anise or anise oil has anti-septic properties and can be very effective in protecting against infections and septic. It further helps in accelerated healing of wounds.
• It can provide immense relief from rheumatic and arthritic pains by stimulating blood circulation and reducing sensation of pain in the affected areas.
• It is commonly used for promoting digestion. It is a common practice to chew anise seeds or serve desserts containing anise to aid digestion, especially after a heavy meal or feast.
• It has narcotic or numbing effects and can be used as a sedative for anxiety, nervous afflictions, depression, anger, stress etc. It is also used against insomnia due to its tranquilizing and relaxing effects.
• The antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of anise make it an effective mouthwash and it fights against bad breath and other oral inflammations.
• The seeds are extremely beneficial for both men and women by increasing libido. They are useful for reducing menstrual pains, inducing menstruation and treating cardiovascular functions, frigidity and impotence.
• It is best in increasing mother’s milk for babies.
Usage: One small spoon three times a day with water.or crush three spoon of seeds and mix one glass of water boil it and then one spoon honey and use it.
• Biological Name: Pimpinella anisum
Names in Other Languages: Anisu, Magambu (Tamil), Shombu (Malayalam), Kuppi soptu (Telugu), Variyali (Gujarati), Saph (Bengali), Badishep, Shauf (Marathi), Sop, Juani (Oriya), Valaiti sounf (Punjabi), Anisuan (Urdu) ,Choti saunf, Vilayati saunf ( Hindi).