Benefits of Lemongrass – Healing Herbs
Lemongrass is also called citronella, it is a tall, stalky plant. It has a fresh, lemony aroma and a citrus flavor. It’s a common ingredient in Thai cooking and bug repellent. Lemongrass essential oil is used in aromatherapy to freshen the air, reduce stress, and uplift the mood.
• It is helpful for various types of anemia, especially those resulting from iron deficiency.
• Drinking lemongrass tea for a season helps to eliminate the bad micro-organism, detoxify and purify the blood.
• It helps to cleanse and purify the liver, kidneys, bladder, pancreas and increases blood circulation.
• Drinking the tea therapeutically will gradually reduce the recurrence of both gastritis and heartburn.
• It has an anti-cholesterol and anti-atherosclerosis action. It helps reduce both the absorption of cholesterol from the intestine, as well as the oxidation of LDL-cholesterol in the blood, thus preventing one of the first steps in the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
• The purifying activities and calming effect of lemongrass help improve sleep.
• Regularly drinking lemongrass tea helps to improve acne problem, eczema and psoriasis.
• Drinking lemongrass tea helps to melt fats in a detoxifying manner. The diuretic effect helps carry out the wastes in high volume, effectively and quickly, resulting in weight loss