Chicken pox is a viral infection, very common and highly contagious disease, newborns and adults may experience more severe symptoms then children. This virus is transmitted by air (coughing or sneezing) or physical contact with a sick person, one or two days later a pimple like eruptions appear on the body they are filled with fluid and look like blisters, then they crust over. During this period itching can be very annoying but scratching them can lead to infection and scarring.
Remedies for Chicken Pox
• Baking soda can help control the itchiness and irritation from chicken pox. Stir one-half tablespoon of baking soda in a glass of water. Use a sponge to put the solution on the affected parts of the body. Allow the mixture to dry on the body.
• Take a handful of neem leaves, crush them and apply the paste on the affected areas. Adding neem leaves in bath water is also beneficial.
• Cut 100 grams of carrots to get about a cup of chopped carrots and chop 60 grams or one and a half cup of fresh coriander leaves and boil them in water for a few minutes. Strain the solution and allow it to cool down. Drink the soup once a day for about a month. You can also eat the boiled carrots and coriander leaves for added strength.
• Grind two cups of oatmeal into a fine powder. Put the powdered oatmeal in two litres (half gallon) of water and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Pour the mixture into a cloth bag and close it securely. Drop the bag into a tub of warm water and swirl it around until the water becomes milky in color. Soak in the bathwater for some time to get relief from the itchiness.
• Add one-half cup of brown vinegar to lukewarm bathwater, and soak in the bath for some time.
• Get a good quality, pure honey and coat the affected area with it. Repeat the process two to three times a day until the scars are gone.
• Chamomile, holy basil, marigold and lemon balm. Put one tablespoon of any of these herbs in a cup of boiling water. Let it steep for a few minutes and then strain it. Add a little cinnamon, honey and lemon and sip the tea slowly. Drink this herbal tea several times a day for best results.
• Avoid spices, oil , chillies, brinjal, banana, and sweet pumpkin.