There are 2 types of cholesterol, Low density lipoproteins or LDL (bad cholesterol) and high density lipoproteins HDL (good cholesterol). LDLs are responsible for plaque build-up in the arteries, this blocks the flow of blood to mayor organs like the liver, the kidneys, genitals, brain and is the number one cause of heart disease.
Remedies for Cholesterol
• Taking Vitamin C with bioflavonoid 4000 mg. a day lowers cholesterol.
• Ginger reduces cholesterol and thins the blood improving circulation.
• People suffering from high Cholesterol should drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water per day as it stimulates the activity of skin and kidneys thereby reducing it from the system.
YOU MAY LIKE:
• Take one cup of water and add 2 teaspoons of coriander seed powder to it. Boil this solution for a few seconds, and then, strain. Add some milk, sugar, and cardamom for taste. Drink it twice a day.
• Consume 2 – 4 cloves of garlic with water every day.
• Regular physical exercises like bicycling, swimming, jogging etc are helpful in improving blood circulation and enhancing the good Cholesterol level.
• Remember that high cholesterol is just one of the things that increase your risk for Coronary artery disease (CAD) and heart attack. Controlling other health problems, such as high blood pressure and diabetes, is also important to reduce your overall risk.