Common Causes of Cold And Flu
• Eating too much sugar and too many grains make immune system weak so you easily catch cold
• Not getting enough rest
• Ineffectively managing emotional stresses in your daily life
• Vitamin D deficiency,
• Washing your hands frequently is one of the easiest ways to wipe out germs and viruses and reduce your chances of becoming sick.
• More than 300 different viruses can cause colds, so each time you have a cold it is caused by a distinct virus (i.e. adenovirus, rhinovirus, parainfluenza virus, coronavirus).
• There are currently NO drugs available that can kill these viruses. Antibiotics, including penicillin, do not have any effect on viruses.
Remedies for Cold And Flu
• Get plenty of fluids. It helps break up your congestion,
• You can loosen up your stuffy nose if you breathe in some steam. Hold your head over a pot of boiling water and breathe slowly through your nose.
• Get good rest
• Gargle with salt water
• Drink hot liquid, mix one spoon full of honey in a cup of hot water and drink it.
• Lemon (and lime) juice is reported to decrease the strength of the cold and flu virus in the body and reduce phlegm. Add lemon juice to your tea or make hot or cold lemonade with honey to stay well, build resistance to cold and flu, and speed up healing
• Mix 1 teaspoon cinnamon with 1 teaspoon of honey and mix it in one cup hot water and drink it.