Chronic Constipation is a common disturbance of the digestive tract. It is the chief cause of many diseases as it produces toxins. Appendicitis, rheumatism, arthritis, high blood pressure, cataract, and cancer are only a few of the diseases in which chronic constipation is an important predisposing factor. Regular bowel movement is necessary to remove waste and toxins from the body.
Constipation can cause by lack of exercise, too much junk food, poor diet, painkillers, antidepressants or pregnancy. However serious diseases can cause constipation as well, including thyroid problems, circulatory disorder, diverticulitis, colon malfunction (fistulas, Polyps, tumours, and obstruction). Constipation may be caused due to a number of life style factors that may trigger it.
Remedies for Constipation
• Two glasses of warm lemon juice can help your bowels to pass through normally.
• Take folic acid. An insufficient intake of folic acid can lead to constipation.
• To clean and heal the digestive system take Aloe vera juice twice a day.
• Ginger tea is a great home remedy for constipation. It helps start bowel movement.
• Eat lots of fruits, green vegetables cabbage, peas, carrots, garlic, sweet potatoes, all these are high in fiber.
• Exercise often a simple stroll in the park can relieve constipation. Walking is especially helpful in getting rid of Constipation.
• Grapes too have laxative properties and they prevent chronic Constipation. Dry grape has its own medical properties and helps in preventing Constipation. Soak dry grapes in a vessel overnight and take this at early morning in an empty stomach.
• Take 2-3 seeds each of suraj mukhi (sunflower), badaam (almonds), til (sesame) and linseed or flax seeds, grind it and make a thin powder. Eat this natural herbal homemade product (1 tablespoon) for a week either with fruit juice or salads. All your Constipation problems will be cured. This is one of the best home remedies for constipation.
• Going for morning walk by having 2-3 glasses of warm water also prevents Constipation and leads to clear bowel movements.
• Oranges are good for colons and it prevents Constipation. Take orange juice at anytime of the day and feel the difference that how far it clears your bowel system and refreshes you.
• Natural herb phyllium husk (isabgol) prevents Constipation. Take a glass of water and add one tablespoon of phyllium husk.Drink this liquid early in the morning in an empty stomach for constipation relief.
• Soak dry figs in the water and keep it overnight then take this early in the morning.
• Dried beans, prunes, figs, raisins, popcorn, oat meals, pears and nuts are fiber rich food that may actually relieve you of constipation instantly.
• Eat small meals over a course of time. This effectively gives time for the system to digest food better. The movement can be controlled by adjusting the timing and amount of food intake.
CHECK THIS: Diarrhea: Common Causes And Remedies