There are two types of Diabetes, Type I and type II, in type I, the pancreas produces no insulin whatsoever, therefore the patient depends on insulin injection, to control the glucose, this type of diabetes affects people less than 30 years old, and develops when antibodies, kill cells of the pancreas in charge of creating insulin.
Type II diabetes affects people who are in the age of 30 years and older, and is cause by the insufficient or ineffective production of insulin, this type of diabetes can be controlled with drugs and proper diet.
The symptoms for either diabetes are, hunger and thirst more then normal, weight loss, excessive urination, fatigue, the white part of the eye turns yellowish, bruises easily, and cuts take longer to heal.
Remedies for Diabetes
• Exercise regularly. It has been shown that people who exercise regularly are 50% less likely to develop Type 2 Diabetes. If you have diabetes, it is still important to stay active.
• Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables as well as foods containing whole grains, which contain Vitamin B and chromium.
• If you are overweight, loose it! Obesity is one of the major risk factors in Type 2 Diabetes.
• Managing diabetes starts with eating healthy. Reduce your intake of refined and processed foods containing high fat and sugar levels.
• Monitoring your glucose levels is important so try adopting regular testing as a daily habit as soon as possible.
• Drink some bitter gourd juice on an empty stomach each morning. First remove the seeds of two to three bitter gourds and use a juicer to extract the juice. Add some water and then drink it. Follow this treatment daily in the morning for at least two months.
• Mix one teaspoon cinnamon in a cup of warm water. Drink it daily.
• Fenugreek is an herb that can also be used to control diabetes, improve glucose tolerance and lower blood sugar levels.
• Soak two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Drink the water along with the seeds in the morning on an empty stomach. Follow this remedy without fail for a few months to bring down your glucose level. (OR)
• Eat one tablespoons of powdered fenugreek seeds daily with milk.
• Drink at least 2.5 liters of water daily. Drinking enough water will also lower the risk of other ailments associated with diabetes. Moderate exposure to sunlight too, is essential for leading a healthy life, Sunlight improves the functionality of vitamin D, which is essential for insulin production. Take a few minutes every day and let your body soak in the sun light.
• Take two pieces of Lady Finger/Okra (Bhindi) and remove/cut both ends of each piece. Also put a small cut in the middle and put these two pieces in glass of water. Cover the glass and keep it at room temperature during night. Early morning, before breakfast simply remove two pieces of lady finger / okra (bhindi) from the glass and drink that water.
YOU MAY LIKE: