The common causes and triggers of day to day headaches include emotional stress, depression, anger, anxiety, insomnia, skipping meals, alcohol & drugs, sinus infections, allergies, dental infections, urinary tract infections, head injurie.
Remedies for Headache
• Applying Eucalyptus oil on the forehead also helps to relieve headache due to cold.
• Equal quantities of Cumin seeds (Zeera), Black pepper (Kali mirch), Coriander seeds (Dhania), Dry ginger (Sonth) powdered. A spoon of this powder boiled in water with Jaggery (Gurh) and taken before sleep helps to get relief from head ache due to cold.
• Eating a Apple everyday with salt helps to overcome headache.
CHECK THIS: Dandruff: Common Causes And Remedies
• Cinnamon (Dalchini) grinded with Lemon juice applied on the forehead helps to get relief from head ache.
• Applying Castor oil (Erand ka teil) or Gingery oil (Til oil) or Coconut oil (Nariyal) on the center of the head helps to get relief from head ache.
• Tamarind (Imli) mixed in water with Jaggery (Gur), filtered and taken twice a day helps to overcome headache which comes because of heat.
• Use a homeopathic remedy suitable for the particular headache symptoms you are experiencing. Belladonna helps with sudden, severe pain that is worse on the right side of the body.
• Natrum muriaticum is recommended for tension headaches and periodic headaches.
• Sanguinaria is good for pain that is sharp and splitting. Arsenicum album, kalibichrornium, Mecurius solubilis, and Pulsatilla all encourage drainage of the sinuses.
• Eat a healthy diet filled with fruit and vegetables, and do not skip meals for too long.
SEE THIS: Mouth Ulcer: Common Causes And Remedies
• Drink plenty of water to keep the body hydrated.
• Exercise regularly to improve your circulation
• Use relaxation techniques such as deep breathing exercises.
• Apply an ice pack to your forehead and temples or a heat pack to the back of your neck to loosen tense muscles.
• Soak in a hot tub; the hot water helps to relax the contracted muscles that cause the headache.
• Spend time outside in the fresh air or go for a walk.
• Stop alcohol consumption and increase water intake.
• Limit hours spent in front of a computer screen.
• Avoid watching television for too long or in a dimly-lit room.
• Try to get a good night’s rest.
READ ALSO: Bad Breath: Common Causes And Remedies