Stamina is the strength and energy that enables you to sustain physical or mental effort for long periods of time. Increasing your stamina helps you endure discomfort or stress when you’re doing an activity. It also reduces fatigue and exhaustion.
Here are some ways to build your stamina in an easy and effective way :
• Walking : Walking is a good exercise. It improves your energy level for more active lifestyle and keeps your heart and lung healthy. It is one of the best cardiovascular workout. It also strengthens your leg muscles. Brisk(fast) walking is a very effective exercise to improve and increase your stamina. One should gradually, increase the walking speed and distance for further health benefits.
• Jogging and Running : Jogging and running is one of the best and effective ways to build stamina and increase your endurance level. It is one of the best fitness exercise. Jogging and running boosts your cardiovascular health. It increases your capacity to do more work and lead a healthy active life. If you are a starter, start at a slow pace and time. Do not overdo. Wear a good supportive shoes. Jogging and running will also help you to burn those extra calories from your body, increase your body’s metabolism, improves your appetite, builds strong leg muscles, freshens up your mind and keeps you away from symptoms like depression and so on.
• Skipping : Skipping or jumping rope is not just about child’s game play but it is to be noted that, skipping or jumping rope can actually provide you with number of good health benefits for all ages. First of all, it’s a good heart pumping exercise. It involves various muscles in the body including your arms and legs. This can have a very good and positive effect on increasing your body stamina. Skipping or jumping rope is a kind of exercise which is fun and inexpensive. This kind of exercise is convenient because you can do it anywhere, wherever you go. All you need is a skipping or jumping rope which is one portable piece of equipment. Skip daily and each week you can try to increase the duration. Skipping can help you burn calories and lose weight.
• Swimming is fun. It is a form of exercise that involves you full body. Swimming builds one’s endurance levels and improves body’s stamina. It is an excellent fitness regime and gives out a great cardiovascular workout. It tones up your muscles and burn calories. Different swimming strokes requires different levels of stamina.
• Cycling : Cycling is a form of exercise that is very good for our body and building stamina. Cycling is fun and it increases your cardiovascular endurance. It develops your leg muscles and tones up your thighs, rear end and hips as well. Cycling activity involves moving the whole body especially the lower parts of the body. The focus should be on covering a larger distance and later, make sure to increase your intensity of cycling to cover that particular distance within a short span of time and improve your stamina. Cycling is one of the best workout options to lose those unwanted pounds. Along with building stamina and endurance power, cycling can also help to reduce stress and depression.
• Hiking or Trekking : Hiking or trekking is a good exercise to build your body’s stamina and endurance levels as it requires lots of energy levels and power. It is a great way to get that heart pumping and exercise your body muscles and the best part is you can also enjoy the outdoor nature.
• Climbing Stairs or Steps : This is beneficial and effective. It can help to increase one’s physical endurance levels and boost your stamina as well. Climbing a fleet of stairs may leave you out of breath but as you push yourself harder day by day, you will soon realize that your stamina has improved. Your heart will pump and it is a good workout exercise for you. In few days or a week, you can easily climb a fleet of stairs without getting breathless.
• Use Good Diet: Avoid carbohydrates ,add proteins ,and vegetables in your daily food menu.
Remedies for Stamina:
• Take 6 dried figs, 30 g raisins, Soak both in water overnight, Eat in 2 doses through the next day.
• Eat 1 ripe mango 3 times a day, Follow it up by drinking 1 glass of milk, Continue this for 1 month