Anxiety is the unpleasant physical and emotional state experienced by a person that may be a combination of fear, apprehension, or worry. It can be short term or long term. In the short term, the person feels well after the cause has subsided (as when one is worried about visiting a doctor with health report).
The long term anxiety, such as those present due to work stress or incompatible relations with important persons of one’s life may persist for longer and can lead to other medical conditions including tension, migraine headache and high blood pressure. Mild anxieties can be treated with natural anxiety remedies which may include some lifestyle changes, home remedies and herbs for anxiety. However, the chronic anxiety (encompassing suicidal thoughts) must be referred to expert opinions of doctors as soon as possible.
Remedies for Anxiety :
• Avoiding Junk Foods and Drinks– Refined Sugar and Carbohydrates, artificial sweeteners, caffeine, smoking and such other things.
• Exercise- Stay active to avoid the anxiety attacks. Exercise burns off extra adrenaline. Therefore; jog, walk, cycle, or use exercise equipment like treadmill for at least half an hour and four days a week.
• Warm Bath and Aromatherapy- A relaxing bath can calm the anxious nerves. Essential oils used for aromatherapy can also be used to relax oneself and avoid anxiety.
• Be positive, talk to people with positive attitude, recite Quran or listen recitation, spend some time doing your favourite work, pursue hobbies.
• Peel and inhale an orange whose aroma is considered to reduce anxiety. Orange juice with a teaspoon of honey and a pinch of nutmeg can also be had to relax the nerves.
• Make Chamomile tea and drink it it is very good for anxiety.