Leucoderma is a condition in which the skin layers experience loss of skin-pigment, it is also known as vitiligo. Leucoderma causes white patches on the skin surface. It is more common in women than in men and is mostly seen on the hands, neck, back and wrist.
The main causes for leucoderma are excessive mental worry, chronic or acute gastric disorders, jaundice, worms or other parasites in the alimentary canal, typhoid, a defective perspiratory mechanism and burn injuries. It can also be the result of hereditary reasons.
Remedies for Leucoderma
• Take about 25 grams of radish seeds and ground them into a powdery substance. Add 2 tsp vinegar and make a fine paste. Apply this paste on the affected area and wash off when dry.
• In about eight liters of water, soak 500 gm turmeric. Boil the concoction until only a liter of it is left. Strain this liquid and add ½ liter mustard oil to it. Apply this on the patchy areas two times a day, for at least 2-3 months.
• Soak psoralea seeds in ginger juice for 3 days. Thereafter, dry them and grind to make a fine powder. Have 1 gram of this powder, with a glass of milk, for about a month. You can also apply this powder on white patches.
• Another method would be to soak psoralea and tamarind seeds in water for 3-4 days. Dry them well and grind to form a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area on a daily basis.
• Goosefoot vegetable is effective in treating leucoderma. Apply the juice of this vegetable on the affected area, once a day. Continue it for 2 months.
• Mix red clay and ginger in equal parts. Apply this on the affected area and wash off when dry.
• Fill a copper vessel with drinking water and leave it overnight. Have this water, on an empty stomach, every morning. This is effective in healing leucoderma.
• Combine 100 gm each of alfalfa and cucumber juice. Consume this mixture two times a day i.e. in the morning and evening. This is a useful home remedy for treating leucoderma.
• Take a handful of dry pomegranate leaves and grind them into a fine powder. Have about 8 grams of this powder every morning and evening, with a glass of water.
• Neem is very effective in treating leucoderma. Try to drink a glass of neem juice everyday.
• Grind black gram and add water, to form a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area, washing off after it dries, for about 4 to 5 months. It is an effective remedy for treating leucoderma.
• Holy basil leaves prove to be beneficial in treating white patches. Consume raw basil leaves or make a decoction out of Holy basil’s leaves and stem, along with water.
• Make a poultice of ginger leaves and apply it on the white patches. It is quite effective in treating leucoderma.
• Increase the consumption of walnuts and figs. While walnuts purify blood, figs have healing properties to cure leucoderma.