Leg cramps occur in both children and adults and can last for a less than a minute or even longer. Many people suffer from leg cramps primarily at night. Severe cramps can cause swelling and soreness and may require massage and rest to aid recovery. At the time the muscle is contracting, a visible hardening of the particular muscles can be felt.
Causes of Leg Cramps
Restless leg syndrome, Flat feet, Peripheral Artery Disease, Alcohol abuse Cirrhosis of the liver, Kidney failure, Diabetes, Overweight, Pregnancy, Diarrhea, Starting a new exercise routine, Circulation problems, Hormonal imbalance, Injury to the leg, Calcium deficiency.
Remedies for Leg Cramp
• Having a hot shower before sleeping can also prevent leg cramps at night.
• Drinking a glass of warm milk before sleeping is an effective leg cramp cure
• Drinking a minimum of eight to ten glasses of water a day to prevent dehydration and cramping.
• Ensure that your diet is balanced and healthy and consists of foods high in vitamin A and vitamin E as well.
• Try include sweet potatoes, carrots, liver, salmon, sunflower seeds, and soy beans into your daily diet for the best results.
• low potassium levels can cause leg cramps, and bananas and potatoes are high in potassium.so add it in ur daily food..eat 2 bananas with milk.
• Socks, especially wool, will help keep the feet warm and may improve circulation.
• Keep the bed sheets and covers loose. Tight bed covers may cause feet to be placed awkwardly and this could result in leg cramps. Sleeping on your side also prevents leg cramps.
• Take 5 gram cinamon (daar cheeni),12 gram zingiber (soonth),3 gram black pepper (kali merch)make it powder and mix all together then use half teaspoon 3 times a day with water.
CHECK THIS: Tonsils Infection: Common Causes And Remedies