Nausea is just feeling like need to vomit, and vomiting is throwing up of stuff you have eaten or drunk. Some Common causes of nausea are seasickness, other motion sicknesses, early pregnancy, intense pain, exposure to chemical toxins, emotional stress (fear), gallbladder disease, food poisoning, indigestion, various viruses, and certain smells or odors. While Vomiting is commonly a result of a viral infection, food poisoning, high fever, meningitis, intestinal blockage, appendicitis, migraine headaches, and brain tumors.
Remedies for Nausea & Vomiting
• Alternatively, try some ginger tea with a little honey or eat some fresh ginger slices with or without honey.
• Rice water helps alleviate vomiting, especially when it is caused by gastritis. Use white rice not brown rice as it is rich in starch and easier to digest. Boil a cup of rice in one or one and a half cup of water.Strain the solution. Drink this rice water.
• In a cup of boiling water, add one-half or one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If you do not have the powder, simply use a cinnamon stick. Allow it to steep for a few minutes and then strain the water. Optionally, add one tablespoon of honey. Sip it slowly. Note: This remedy may not be suitable for pregnant women.
• Add one tablespoon of dried mint leaves to a cup of hot water. Allow it to steep for 5 to 10 minutes. Strain and drink this tea. (Note) If fresh mint leaves are available, you can simply chew them.
• Make solution by mixing one teaspoon each of mint juice, lemon juice and one tablespoon of honey. Consume it three times a day.
• Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and one tablespoon of honey in a glass of water. Drink it and repeat as necessary.
• Chew some cloves or use a few cloves to make a cup of tea to treat vomiting. Another way to use cloves during vomiting is to mix some fried cloves with honey and swallow it.
• Add one tablespoon of crushed fennel seeds to a cup of boiling water and allow it to steep for 10 minutes. Strain and drink this tea once or twice a day. Simply chewing a teaspoon of fennel seeds will also help.
• Mix one –half teaspoon of cumin seeds in warm water and drink it, You can also mix pinch of nutmeg in a cup of boiling water steep it for few minutes, strain the mixture and then drink it.
• Mix one teaspoon of onion juice with one teaspoon of grated ginger. Consume this mixture at regular intervals to cure vomiting. Another option is to mix two teaspoons of honey in one-half cup of onion juice
• Take a light, bland meal and eat slowly.Avoid eating fried foods. Avoid strong odors such as perfumes or cooking smells
• Drink clear fluids, Get plenty of rest.
• Take some rest but do not sleep immediately after having a meal.
• Do not brush your teeth right after eating as it may induce vomiting.