Peptic ulcer is an open sore or erosion on the gastrointestinal tract that is painful. It develops when hydrochloric acid in the digestive fluids and the enzyme pepsin in the stomach damage the gastrointestinal tract. An ulcer in the stomach is called gastric ulcer and in the duodenum is called a duodenal ulcer. The gastric and duodenal ulcers together are referred to as peptic ulcers.
Common Causes of Peptic Ulcer
Bacterial infection (Helicobacter pylori), Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs like aspirin, ibuprofen (NSAIDs), Smoking, stress etc, Immune Abnormalities, Alcoholism.
Remedies for Peptic Ulcer
• Boil 1 cup of fenugreek leaves and add a pinch of salt to it. Drink this twice a day.
• Drinking raw cabbage juice is very effective for treating stomach ulcer. Consume fresh cabbage juice daily before your bedtime. This will help strengthen the stomach lining and heal the ulcer.
• Eat a banana every day after your breakfast because it contains antibacterial substances.
• Take a tablespoon of honey daily before your breakfast or have it any time of the day with food like wheat bread. This will help reduce stomach inflammation and keep away other stomach diseases.
• A clove of garlic is highly recommended for stomach ulcer. Eat 2- 3 cloves of garlic a day during your daily meals to ease the inflammation in the stomach.
• Take one spoon olive oil on empty stomach twice a day.
• Coconut oil has been used widely as a natural ingredient for treating various disturbances in the stomach. It has anti-bacterial property that kills bacteria that cause ulcers.
CHECK THIS: Muscles/Leg Cramps: Common Causes And Remedies