The tonsils are part of your body’s system to fight infections. These two almond-shaped balls of tissue are situated towards the back of your mouth and on either side of your throat.
The tonsils play an important role as part of your body’s immune system, helping to fight off viral and bacterial infections before they reach the respiratory tract and other parts of the body.
School-going children are especially proneto infections transmitted via the nose and mouth and tend to contract tonsillitis easily. Tonsillitis is caused by cold weather, artificial coloured items, cold drinks, ice cream, or through social contact like sneezing etc.
Remedies for Tonsillitis
• Mix fresh lime juice in warm water with honey and salt and sip it.
• Boil milk and add a pinch of turmeric powder and black pepper powder. Drink this before sleeping.
• Drink freshly squeezed beetroot, carrot, or cucumber juice daily to boost your body’s immune system and fight the infection more efficiently.
• Boil fenugreek seeds in water for half an hour. Cool and strain and use this water to gargle with. Fenugreek has antibacterial properties.
• Apply alum powder on the surface of the tonsils or gargle with alum and water. These are effective home remedies for tonsillitis that can reduce inflammation and prevent further infections.
• Make a cup of tea with 1/3 teaspoon full of black pepper,1 tablespoon full of lemon/lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon full salt. You may also add ginger, clove, honey or sugar. Drink it very warm. You will feel the difference.
CHECK THIS: Mouth Ulcer: Common Causes And Remedies